We love junk food, and an air fryer is a solution to binge on junk food without worrying about health issues. An air fryer lets you fry food without using oil. The taste is said to be as good as that of oil-fried food.
With everyone becoming health-conscious, homemakers are investing in air fryers. You can choose from a series of excellent brands that offer feature rich air fryers at different price ranges.
We know that choosing from several brands can be overwhelming, which is why we are reviewing one of the most sold-out air fryers today – The Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Air fryer.
Why buy an Air Fryer from Philips?
Philips is a well-known and trusted electronics and home appliances brand. They have brought plenty of valuable and durable gadgets in the market. The company develops innovative and useful designs and aims at making our lives much simpler.
Philips air fryer is a little expensive but in the long run, they offer a great value for money. The Philips air fryers are easy to clean, simple to use, and some models come with additional accessories that let you use the air fryer to grill and bake.
Philips HD9220/20 Air Fryer Review
- It makes use of the Rapid Air technology. The rapid air technology works by circulating super hot air inside the fryer. This hot air passes through the food making them very crispy outside and soft and juicy on the inside. The main benefit of this feature is that you get healthy food instantly. The 200 degree Celsius air circulates all the ingredients cooking it evenly. This technology enables you to not only fry but also grill, bake, and roast with lesser calories.
- Temperature Control. This setting helps you to control the heat inside the fryer. You can make temperature adjustments up to 200 degrees which allow you to cook a variety of ingredients in a variety of ways. You can set the temperature by turning the dial.
- The timer. You can set the timer up to 30 minutes. It automatically turns off and produces and indication sound to let you know that the food is cooked.
800 grams of cooking capacity – Now that is a huge space for cooking! You can cook large quantities of food in one go in the Philips HD9220 Air Fryer.
- Dishwasher Friendly. Easy cleaning is another striking feature of this air fryer. The food basket and draw can be removed easily and be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Air Filter. Philips was the first brand that took the initiative to add an incorporated air filter in its air fryer model so that the cooking aroma and vapours are kept within a limit in the kitchen.
- The food divider. The fryer comes with a handy food divider which can be used to divide different food items while cooking. This is quite helpful since it does not let all the food get mixed up.
- Elegant Design. The Philips HD9220 dishwasher has a very classy design which looks extremely beautiful and at the same time highly functional. It comes in a sexy black colour with a non-stick coating on the cooking components, which makes it last for a long time.
- A Cord Storage. The fryer comes with an integrated cord storage space which lets you store the power cable neatly when not in use.
- Price. The PHILIPS HD9220/20 is slightly expensive than the other brands in this category, but it is also the most affordable when compared to other Philips Air fryers. You can own this stylish air fryer for under £100.
Brand – Philips
Model Number – HD9220/20
Colour – Black
Item Weight – 7 Kg
Product Dimensions – 38.4 x 28.7 x 31.5 cm
Capacity – 800 Grams
Maximum Weight Capacity – 800 Grams
Power / Wattage – 1425 watts
Voltage – 230 volts
Material – Plastic
Special Features – Oil-Less^Timer^Cord Storage
- The Philips HD9220 is very compact and has a sturdy built
- The Ready sound indicator is a notable feature
- The package includes a 25 recipes, recipe book
- There are options to control temperature
- It comes with a timer
- It is Dishwasher safe
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- Slightly expensive
- Less Cooking capacity if you want to bake
We have read lots of reviews about the PHILIPS HD9220/20 air fryer, and users have a difference of opinion. The majority of the customers love the chic and elegant design of this fryer. They are happy with the simple and hassle-free setting up the process; some have said that they started using it as soon as 20 minutes after it arrived. The two-year warranty also went down well with few users.
And then there were a very few who were not happy with the cooking of fryer, and some other found the fryer to be expensive when compared to other brands.
Some of the customer responses include –
“Looks good on the kitchen counter, sleek, clean lines.”
“ love our Air Fryer, perfect for two people. Still finding new recipes but easy to use and easy clean up, Cooked chicken wings as per the recipe, for Super Bowl. Had to cook a few batches but they were to die for”.
“Expensive sausage cooker chips not nice out of it. Another gadget to sit in my press!!”
The Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer is a wonderful choice for your home if you want to go on a healthy yet delicious diet. Agreed that it is a little pricey but then it offers excellent features and performance that is a fantastic value for the cash you pay. Apart from frying this fryer can also be used for baking muffins and grilling or cooking sausages. The design is also fabulous, and we highly recommend this cool Air Fryer.