Finding the best air fryer could be the perfect way to get a healthier lifestyle without losing any of the taste and pleasure that makes life worth living.
By cooking more healthily and more easily you will feel better and you should also free up more leisure time to do other stuff as well. Cooking will no longer feel like a chore and the results will make meal time a genuine pleasure once again.
The good news is that you have already discovered the ideal website for learning everything you need to know about the best air fryers on the market and how to use them. We have taken a tremendous amount of pride in putting together a useful site that answers all of the questions you are likely to have about these cooking appliances.
So, why not just settle back and let us explain to you all that you want to know about the different air fryers that you might be interested in?
The Benefits of an Air Fryer
If you are looking for your first ever air fryer then you may be aware of one or more of the benefits associated with this way of cooking. Yet, the truth is that there are more solid reasons for buying one of these little beauties than most people realise.
By taking a look at some of the most important benefits of air fryers you will soon see that getting hold of one for your home is a smart decision.
- Healthy cooking. The single most important factor for most people buying one of these devices is the prospect of healthier eating. With no oil used in the cooking process, this is the perfect method for anyone looking to get going on a healthier way of living and feeling fantastic.
- Easy to clean. Is there anyone in the world who doesn’t hate cleaning up after cooking? The truth is that this unpleasant task can wipe away a good deal of the pleasure of a great meal. Therefore, you will be delighted to see that a good air fryer is also incredibly easy to clean after use.
- No smells when cooking. Do you hate it when your home gets filled with overwhelming odours when you are cooking? Many of the top air fryer models come with built-in air filters that help to stop this. In addition, the fact that little or no cooking oil is used means that the lingering smell of oil is avoided too.
- Fast, safe and easy to use. A common problem these days is that people would love to cook more often but simply don’t have the time to do so. This is why ready meals and take aways are now so popular, even when we know how unhealthy they are. However, the fact that air fryers are fast and easy to use means that cooking at home more often becomes a very tempting option.
- Very versatile. You can cook virtually all of your favourite dishes and snacks with this appliance, from fried chicken to roast beef and from perfect fried chips to curries and desserts. Many models come with a handy recipe book that shows you exactly how versatile it is.
Best Air Fryer Features to Look Out For
The best air fryers come with a range of useful features that make them easier to use. When you start to look for one that suits you then the following are a few of the best features to look out for.
- Temperature control. In general terms, a good air fryer model will usually go all the way up to 200 degrees Celsius (almost 400 degrees Fahrenheit). The greater the level of control you have over the temperature the easier it will be to cook what you want to in exactly the want to.
- Easy cleaning. As mentioned earlier, you can clean up one of these handy fryers a lot more easily than you would a deep fat fryer. To save you even more time you should look for one that has features such as dishwasher safe basket and fry bowl.
- A flexible timer. Assuming that you are going to take advantage of the chance to make a big variety of food in here, you will want a flexible timer. This means that you can cook all sorts of stuff for exactly the amount of time that they require. It is also worth looking for a model that makes a clear noise when the cooking time is over.
- A viewing section. Not all air fryers have a clear viewing section but it is a nice touch that makes some of them easier to use. This is because you can easily have a peek in to see how the food is doing without having to open the lid.
- Even cooking features. Some good air fryers also use additional features to help guarantee an even cooking time. For instance, you might like the idea of a model that comes with a rotating paddle in it.
- Capacity. Of course, we all have different needs when it comes to the amount of food that we have to cook. Maybe you cook for a big family or perhaps you cook for just yourself but sometimes have a lot of guests over. Whatever your needs are in this respect, it makes sense to find a model that has the right capacity.
Our Top 5 Air Fryer Reviews
There are some terrific models around and the selection is growing all the time. If you are currently looking for the perfect fryer then the following are 5 air fryer reviews on models you might be interested in.
Tefal ActiFry Low Fat Fryer Review
This is a classy looking air fryer from one of the most highly respected manufacturers around just now. The Tefal ActiFry does everything you would expect and then a bit more.
Those people who are happy paying a bit more for extra quality may very well find that this is the option that most stands out for them.
- Rotating paddle for even cooking
- Simple to use
- Viewing section for keeping an eye on the contents
- Dishwasher safe for easier cleaning
- Rather more expensive than some other models
Duronic AF1 /B Healthy Oil Free Air Fryer Review
The futuristic looks and easy controls make this a great addition to any kitchen. The temperature controls give you good flexibility all the way up to a scorching 200 degrees Celsius, while the 2 year warranty will give a lot of peace of mind.
Features on here include an auto-off function and a nice loud noise that lets you know that the cooking time has now finished. The Duronic AF1 isn’t the biggest air fryer on the market right now but it does a fantastic job at cooking up to 2 litres of food at any one time.
- Fantastic looking
- 2 year warranty
- Easy to use and clean
- May be slightly too small for some families to use effectively
Tower T17005 Air Fryer Review
The Tower T17005 air fryer comes from a UK manufacturer that is highly regarded for the quality craftsmanship and attractive designs they produce. This is a relatively compact looking model but with a 3.2 litre capacity it is still roomy enough for most people’s needs.
There are two different versions of the fryer available; 1350 watts and 1400 watts. The finishing touches are excellent, with a useful timer with a bell and intuitive controls.
- Fast cooking time
- 3 year warranty
- Stunning looks
- Good recipe book
- A big family may struggle to fit their meals in here
VonShef Air Fryer 1230W Review
The VonShef Air Fryer 1230W offers a highly versatile way of cooking healthier food with fewer calories than with traditional cooking methods. The timer goes up to 60 minutes and the temperature has a range of up to 200 degrees Celsius.
With a 2.2 litre capacity and a weight of 6kg, this is a fairly light and compact fryer that is probably ideal for single people and smaller families. The price is very reasonable and there is a useful 2 year warranty too.
- Great value
- Practical and easy to use controls
- 2 year warranty
- Easy to choose the right temperature and cooking time
- Uses more energy than some other air fryers
- Some users have lamented the lack of a removable handle and the difficult in removing the basket
Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Air Fryer Review
As one of the global leaders in the home appliances industry it is no surprise to see that Philips has one of the most popular and best air fryers out there. Among the stand out features we can see that is uses Rapid Air technology to leave food cooked and crispy in very little time.
The Philips HD9220 is dishwasher safe and also has a built-in air filter to keep strong aromas from leaking out. In addition, the useful food divider means that you can cook different things at the same time without any problems at all.
- Fantastic looking
- 2 year warranty
- Dishwasher safe
- Impressive range of features
- Not the cheapest model of air fryer for sale